QBOTM "Who Said It?"
Editor's note: This month's vocabulary quiz was composed by Perinka.
I am sure I join Quillerists in thanking Perinka for another fine contribution.
If you would like to contribute a vocabulary quiz, or indeed any other
puzzle to the Quiller Puzzle Pages, just send your contribution to
• "I'd be an infant prodigy in maths, if I were an infant."
• "I want you to bear in mind that the minute you fall for the death-or-glory
thing, I'm going to cut you loose and throw you to the dogs.
• "Nothing too good."
• "Don't do it if it looks dicey, don't turn for five seconds, don't go
back if there's a crowd. Got it."
• "They've got a little dinner-party planned for tonight in Novosibirsk."
• "Did I say something?"
• "Who the hell knows how many there are? How can you count the heads in the cellars
on foreign soil?"
• "If I'm not there it will mean I changed my mind."
• "I've tried that death-on-my hands bullshit, and it doesn't work, drives you up
• "With men of their kind, who knows what is genuine and what spurious? They had power
once. Now they have no power. But they think they have. Their ways are devious."